Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ironman Village and Athlete Check In

Over night an entire mini-city of tents sprang up on Boulder High's soccer field and on Thursday morning athlete registration opened for business. Walking under the village arch for the first time made me giddy and as I made my way down the concourse the excitement mounted. Vendors lined the walkway with the newest and brightest wares for everything triathlon related. As I approached the registration tent, the energy was palpable and there were big smiles all around. Check-in was seamless: show ID, receive athlete number, sign waivers, pick up athlete information packet, pick up gear bags, check out timing chip, and then go the the merchandise tent to receive Ironman backpack. This is starting to feel real, I'm on my way!






No comments:

Post a Comment